Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome President-Elect Obama!!



This day will forever be stamped in my heart. There are so many emotions that I am feeling. We will be praying for the safety of the entire future first family.

As you may realize, we are surrounded by people who are angry about the election results. I pray that we will have wisdom in the selection of our words as we interact with our peers.
On a lighter note, I am totally jealous that Ginny, Baby Cottrells's maternal grandmother attended a huge party in the fabulous church (above in the picture) last night!! It was a grand event complete with big screen tv's and refreshments. That would never happen at the church we attend! Yeah right!!

Have a great day folks, and remember, the best is yet to come!!

I can't help but add a comment I heard recently: Rosa sat so Martin could march. Martin marched so that Obama could run. Barack ran and WON so that our children can fly!!

3 comments:

Sarita said...

I am so excited for you guys!

The Hottest Boss Lady Ever said...

Congratulations!! I have been looking for you at church since I recieved your text, where have you been? I will atleast see you at the youth girl's lock-in. By-the-way, I can't believe your going to actually be there this year...in your state. I know if I was you, you would not have found me there. Lord knows I love the kids, but I would not be there if I had an extra human attached to me at all times. LOL I appreciate your heart for the youth. Anywho, I love the new blog spot and how you slipped in the comment about our place of worship. :-) "Gotta love it" no matter what! Congratulations again...Love You!

Anonymous said...

"I can't help but add a comment I heard recently: Rosa sat so Martin could march. Martin marched so that Obama could run. Barack ran and WON so that our children can fly!!"

MAY! Did you make this one up?!?! OMG! This is off the chain!!!!

Chan